upgraded logging functionality
enforced python3 for execution of the modular input script.If you require Python2.7 , then download a prior version (such as 1.3).
Dual Python 2.7 and 3+ compatibility.
App will run on :
Splunk Enterprise versions back to Splunk 5 where there is only a Python 2.7 runtime shipped
Splunk Enterprise version 8 where there is both a Python 2.7 and Python 3+ runtime shipped
Future versions of Splunk Enterprise where there is only a Python 3+ runtime
added JAXB dependencies for JRE 9+
fixed Splunk 8 compatibility for manager.xml file
added trial key functionality
Added an activation key requirement , visit http://www.baboonbones.com/#activation to obtain a free,non-expiring key
Splunk 7.1 compatible
Trivial bug fix that was messing with my OCD
* Can have time range defaults now if no time slot is passed in with the intent. These can be global or per search intent.
* Can override the default mod input user (splunk-system-user) , and auth with your own user
* If you specify your own auth user , password can be encrypted
* Can specify the search namespace( aka app context) , global or per intent, saves having to ask App owners to make everything global.
* Multiple search result rows now supported , you don't have to do anything , they are magically handled.
* Hardwired the SSL port to be 443 as currently the Alexa Cloud service does not support using other ports
* Added support for mapping generating search commands, ie: those starting with a pipe such as "| metadata" , "| tstats" etc..
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.