The Splunk App for VMware provides deep operational visibility into granular performance metrics, logs, tasks and events and topology from hosts, virtual machines and virtual centers. It empowers administrators with an accurate real-time picture of the health of the environment, proactively identifying performance and capacity bottlenecks.
The latest release of the Splunk App for VMware provides enhanced visibility into the storage tier including built-in correlation and direct drill-downs into NetApp Data ONTAP storage systems. The results are holistic visibility, comprehensive analytics and faster problem resolution.
THE SPLUNK APP FOR VMWARE IS AVAILABLE FOR A 60-DAY FREE TRIAL. If you wish to use the Splunk App for VMware beyond the trial, please contact your Splunk sales person.
The Splunk App for VMware is compatible with Splunk 6.0.2 and above and VMware vSphere versions 4.1, 5.0, 5.0 Update 1, 5.1 and 5.5.
Easy Install Video Guide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgJUkh0eFH4
With blazing fast ad-hoc searches and reports, the Splunk App for VMware ships with over 55 out-of-the box reports including real-time dashboards that visualize performance events across the virtual topology map. It provides drill down in logical steps to problem sources, helps find resources that are over or under utilized, and allows you to track changes and visualize security relevant events.
Splunk software combines the granular performance and event data from your virtualization layer and puts it in context of data from all your other IT tiers including applications, operating systems and hardware infrastructure. Splunk software provides the Big Data scale needed to analyze, correlate and harness data from VMware and all other technology tiers for true cross-tier end-to-end visibility of your entire IT environment.
With the Splunk App for VMware you can:
- Visualize the operational health of the VMware environment with instant identification of underperforming/distressed hosts, VMs and datastores
- Access interactive, visual maps of your virtual environment, highlighting problems and statistical comparisons based off pre-defined, customizable thresholds
- Instantly identify outliers that fall outside the normal distribution on a statistical map of your VMware environment
- Accelerate troubleshooting, optimize capacity and streamline workloads with out-of-the-box correlation between VMware and storage systems, including drill-down into NetApp Data ONTAP storage for in-depth investigation
- Forecast future resource CPU, memory and disk requirements on VC, ESXi hosts and VMs using various predictive algorithms
- Optimize capacity allocation by analyzing resource consumption holistically, across IT-tiers
- Gain visibility into potential security breaches and non-compliant usage patterns
- Explore unique errors and exceptions by relating granular performance metrics with VC and ESXi log data within a single console
- Gain access to blazing fast-query performance for rapid data exploration on massive data volumes
- Track changes with visibility into vCenter tasks and events in the context of your virtual environment performance metrics, logs and topology
- Correlate data from virtual infrastructure with data from applications, operating systems, physical hardware infrastructure and networks for end-to-end visibility