Install GV-Utils on your ES search head(s).
(Optionally) install the Lookup Editor app on the same search head(s).
Install SA-ES-Choreographer, again on the same search head(s).
Navigate to the app and choose "initial setup" in the menu. Click "do full setup" and let it run its searches. This populates lookups that are otherwise maintained by various scheduled searches.
Go the the status dashboard, click on the question mark ? to expand the sliding drawer and click to open the bulk review tool. Tick disabled (as well as enabled) and pass the review. This is setting the first version of all your correlations, including the currently disabled ones.
Optionally: you might want to specify your search head(s) in the ESC_ES_search_heads macro: settings > advanced search > macros > edit ESC_ES_search_heads. It is used to narrow down some searches with host=`ESC_ES_search_heads` so use a pattern that will work in this context.
To get the most from the app, some functionality needs to be customised to your team, your deployment and your desires. This is optional but unfortunately requires editing the source of some dashboards. Please refer to the documentation.
If you're curious to see the peer review / change tracking in action:
- go to ES's content management
- modify a correlation search (enable/disable, change the schedule and/or the SPL, etc)
- go back to the status dashboard in ES choreographer and set it for peer review by clicking the corresponding button
- click "quick correlation data refresh" - your search should appear as pending review
- click the "pending" - the diff should show your changes
From there, test the task management system:
- click the TODO/Done navigation button to go to the TODO page for that correlation.
- use the form to add a TODO
- navigate back to the status dashboard and refresh it. Maybe set it for TODOs. Your TODO should appear in the list.
Navigate to the Best Practices dashboard:
- click on a line in the main table
- scroll down and click on the question marks ? to slide out more documentation about what the dashboard is doing.
The morning checks checks dashboard is there as a stub for your own checks.
Please check out the documentation page on my blog.
First version on splunkbase. Compared to bitbucket version:
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.