The Splunk App for Hyperledger Fabric contains a set of dashboards and analytics to give you full visibility into the system metrics, application data and ledger so that you can maintain security, stability and performance for your Hyperledger Fabric deployment.
These dashboards are meant to be a starting point for building analytics around your environment whether your infrastructure is virtual or physical, on-premise or in the cloud.
In order to take full advantage of the dashboards provided there are 4 types of data sources that should be configured.
There are a few dashboards provided to get you started with analyzing your Hyperledger Fabric deployment. These include:
The app provides a number of field extractions and aliases that will make searching and investigating Hyperledger Fabric data easier. These include parsing couchdb logs for actions (GET, PUT, POST, etc) and documents, chaincode logs for channel and latency metadata, and field aliases for accessing various parts of ledger transactions. To see the full list you can look at the
props.conf file or go to Settings > Fields in Splunk.
Follow the instructions for each of the 4 data sources on the “Data Setup” page in order to populate the graphs and validate data is coming in correctly.
$ cd $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk-hyperledger-fabric/default $ sudo mv inputs.conf.example inputs.conf $ sudo mv indexes.conf.example indexes.conf $ cd /opt/splunk/bin $ sudo ./splunk restart
Also make sure to set the following environment variable in your Hyperledger Fabric environments:
Hyperledger Fabric 1.4 exposes metrics for ingestion using StatsD. You can setup Splunk to ingest from StatsD.
CORE_METRICS_PROVIDER: statsd CORE_METRICS_STATSD_NETWORK: udp CORE_METRICS_STATSD_ADDRESS: [SPLUNK-HOST]:[PORT] ORDERER_METRICS_PROVIDER: statsd ORDERER_METRICS_STATSD_NETWORK: udp ORDERER_METRICS_STATSD_ADDRESS: [SPLUNK-HOST]:[PORT]
Open the Metrics Workspace to explore and analyze your metrics.
System Logs/Metrics - Depending on how you’ve deployed your Hyperledger Fabric network, there is probably a great option to get your System Logs and Metrics for end-to-end visibility. On the data setup dashboard, we’ve provided a list of common options that you can use to get your data into Splunk.
You are now ready to use the Splunk App for Hyperledger Fabric!
The Splunk App for Hyperledger Fabric is now open source! Code is available at https://github.com/splunkdlt/splunk-hyperledger-fabric.
Support for Fabric Logger v4.2.3.
🎸 Account for Splunk Connect for Kubernetes data
🎸 Updates to macros for easier setup whether using cadvisor or k8s for system metrics
🎸 Added dashboard for chaincode events
🎸 Added security dashboard to facilitate detection of Blockchain Integrity, Denial of Service, and Consensus Manipulation Attacks
🎸 Updated to show some RAFT metrics on infrastructure dashboard
- Added support for Hyperledger Fabric 2.2 and dropped support for Hyperledger Fabric 1.4
- Updated example dashboards to use Prometheus instead of StatsD for Hyperledger Fabric metrics
- New Chaincode events dashboard
- New metrics on Infrastructure Health dashboard for RAFT ordering
- New K8s monitoring dashboard for data coming in from Splunk Connect for Kubernetes
- Easier data setup through updated macros and searches for Kubernetes environments
- dashboard fixes to work with v1.4.6 data changes such as committed block regular expression
- squashed some general search bugs
- commented out Kafka and Zookeeper panels in network architecture dashboard so they still can be used for Kafka based deployments
- fixed latency searches on infra monitoring dashboard
- fixed hardcoded Certificate Authority panel/search on network architecture dashboard
- updated searches/macros on data setup page to be more flexible regarding docker/k8s deployments
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.