Splunk Add-on for Infoblox Intelligence allows to get threat intelligence from TIDE (hosts/IPs/URLs - depending on your licenses) and network intelligence from networks in NIOS IPAM. It optionally allows to feed Splunk Entreprise Security (Splunk ES).
- TIDE api key
- Treemap app - https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3118/
- Punchcard - https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3129/
- Punycode Address Decoder - https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3558
Set Configuration / Add-on-settings / TIDE API Key with the key obtained from TIDE / https://platform.activetrust.com
Enable existing inputs or create new input
- to enable input configuration, click on the existing Infoblox threat intelligence domains / Infoblox threat intelligence IPs / Infoblox threat intelligence URLs, enable
- to create a new input configuration, click "Create New Input", Infoblox threat intelligence domains / Infoblox threat intelligence IPs / Infoblox threat intelligence URLs
- Name: Unique name for the input configuration.
- Interval: The number of seconds between data collections. 3600 second is recommended
- Profile: IID is the only option currently supported
- Index: a dedicated index is recommended for best performance. Modify tide_idx eventtype to reflect your index choice
Network intelligence is based on the network list exported is in CSV including extensible attributes.
The extensible attributes mapped to Splunk Entreprise Security are Owner, SecurityLevel, latitude, longitude, City, Country plus the comment field.
It is highly recommended to create it on NIOS to have full benefit of this integration.
new TIDE communication relying on ndjson lower drastically RAM usage to allow full TIDE database download
add reports and ability to get the complete database at first sync (50GB ram used for 1h for this first sync)
fixes the KV_mode in props.conf and tag cloud drilldown
Splunk AppInspect evaluates Splunk apps against a set of Splunk-defined criteria to assess the validity and security of an app package and components.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 50GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.