Why an app for AppInspect? (So Meta)
- Using the command line tool is great, but its not always up-to-date with the AppInspect API, so this ensures
that you will always be running your Splunk app against the most recent version of AppInspect. No need to run
Python scripts or CURL against the API.
Who is this app for?
- Anyone who builds Splunk apps. The goal is to make the process easier as well as making sure you are always validating
your app against the newest version of AppInspect.
How does the app work?
- This app works with the https://api.splunk.com REST API
- Your .tar.gz or .tgz file will be uploaded into this app's local directory and then removed once it has been
sent to AppInspect for validation.
- The only copy of a report that is stored is the last app uploaded to AppInspect. A copy of this is
- Login using your Splunk credentials
- Click or drag and drop on the file drop area (must be a tar.gz/.tgz)
- Optionally send an email
- Wait for results
- Success! Download a copy of the report in the browser and look for a copy of the report sent through email.
v 1.0.0 - Basic drag and drop / upload / email features / HTML report generation
- Not receiving reports in email:
- If your Splunk instance isn't set up to send emails then this won't work.
- The report currently generates an HTML file from Splunk's API. Because of this check your Spam folder if you email a report to yourself.
Future version to have PDF generation.
- You can always try to run a test search to see if results get emailed to you:
| makeresults | stats count | addinfo | sendemail to="<your_email_address>" sendresults=true
- If you run the above and get results, the something else may be going on. Feel free to reach out to us! See support
- Timeouts: If the report takes longer than 90 seconds to generate, the UI will ask you if you want to cancel your job
and try again.
- Include PDF generation