This app will not be supported from 1st October 2020. The functionality of the app will be part of an other much more scalable and functional app. If you want to know more about that please "Contact Developer".
The name of this app describes the functionality part of the real app-name "EL Data Quality Automation & Reporting by UMBRiO"(DQAR) for which this is the first Splunk certified release. More functionality will be added to this dqar during the next year.
CMDB-to-ITSI is for customers who are using Splunk's ITSI and want to integrate their existing CMDB (in the meaning of ITIL configuration management database). This app is also for customers who know that there is also meaningful CI-data within that CMDB that could be leveraged by ITSI.
An easy way to consume CMDB data within Splunk and use within ITSI. Speeding up the delivery and improve the quality of ITSI.
This version of the app is focussed on HP Enterprise(now Micro Focus) uCMDB and ServiceNow.
Getting in CMDB data into Splunk indices is relatively straightforward. This can be done by using the Universal Forwarder or for instance the ServiceNow TA. This "EL Data Quality Automation & Reporting by UMBRiO" app takes that data and transforms this into logical and human readable stateful Kvstore's.
Secondly, you know ITSI then you know that there is a certain complexity with getting in Services, Depending Services and (related) Entities. Also because you understand that ITSI needs a impact perspective out of all the configuration management data. This dqar app enables a user to configure the needed perspective of CMDB data which then will be automatically will be extracted out of the stateful Kvstore's. This results in one stateful Kvstore that has all the Services, Depending Services and (related) Entities for direct input consumption by ITSI!
Thirdly the flexibility of ITSI allows you to define Services and depending Services manually. This is great but you want to know this compared to what is within the CMDB. DQAR compares the ITSI Services and Dependencies with the CMDB perspective that it should have and report about found deviations.
Current version: version 1.21.0
- corrected fields for one of the snow lookups
- put the replicate=false flag to all kvstore collections to ensure they are not replicated to indexers
- adapted the code to work with Splunk 7.0.0
- tested app to work with ITSI 3.0.0
- this version will be offered to the Splunk app certification program
- adapted welcome page with correct naming of used fields in the output kvstore
- removed support for ITSI 2.4.1
- made ready for Splunk app certification program
- added welcome page with instructions
- Comparison and reporting about ITSI Depending Services that are not available within the wanted CMDB perspective.
- initial version for Splunkbase
- Minor problems have been fixed.
- props.conf stanzas and corresponding transforms.conf for getting HPE uCMDB data into Splunk.
- a new search command "dqarmaintainstore" which based on the input will Add/Update/Delete content from the given Kvstore.
- methodology and "saved searches" to integrate ServiceNow and HPE uCMDB CMDB into stateful Kvstore's.
- Web-based configuration for defining the wanted CMDB perspective
- The CMDB-to-ITSI engine that takes that perspective together with the CMDB inputs and transforms that into information that is ready for consumption by ITSI.
- Comparison and reporting about ITSI Services that are not available within the wanted CMDB perspective.
- tested to run on Splunk 6.4., 6.5. and 6.6.*
- tested to run on ITSI 2.4.1, ITSI 2.6.0 and ITSI 2.6.1
This current app is end of life. If you want to know more about new app and functionality please reach out by "Contact Developer".
minor cosmetic changes.
Splunk AppInspect evaluates Splunk apps against a set of Splunk-defined criteria to assess the validity and security of an app package and components.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.