The Cisco CMX Add-on for Splunk is used to gather data from CMX devices and do field extraction.
Admin user ID and password for collecting data from CMX device.
Application can work on both Windows and Linux platforms
1) Add-on app, which runs collector scripts and gathers data from CMX devices, does indexing on it and provides indexed data to the Main app.
2) The main app, which receives indexed data from Add-on app, runs searches on it and builds a dashboard using indexed data.
This App can be set up in two ways:
1) Standalone Mode: Install the main app and Add-on app on a single machine.
2) Distributed Environment: Install the main app and Add-on app on search head, Only Add-on on forwarder system and indexes.conf file from Add-on bundle on Indexer.
* Here also both the apps resides on search head machine, but no need to configure Add-on on search head. * Only Add-on needs to be installed and configured on forwarder system. * Execute the following command on forwarder to forward the collected data to the indexer. $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk add forward-server <indexer_ip_address>:9997 * On Indexer machine, enable event listening on port 9997 (recommended by Splunk). * Main app on search head uses the received data and builds dashboards on it.
This app can be installed through UI using "Manage Apps" or extract zip file directly into $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/ folder.
After installation, go to the Apps->Manage Apps->Set up TA-CMX. New set up screen will open which will ask for CMX parameters, set appropriate parameters.
Please note, if you are using a self-signed certificate, set appropriate argument on the setup page.
The main app dashboard can take some time to populate the dashboards Once data collection is started. A good test to see that you are receiving all of the data we expect is to run this search after several minutes:
search `cmx_index` | stats count by sourcetype
In particular, you should see these sourcetypes:
If you don't see these sourcetypes, check log file under $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/TA-CMX/tacmx.log.
Removed support for HTTP for REST calls and HTTP POST. All the post from CMX must be send on HTTPS.
1. Added custom command to fetch floor information from cmxmap sourcetype to resolve issue with mvexpand.
Updated script for fetching active device information by floor.
Also added props.conf stanza to extract currentServerTime as _time for cmxactive events.
New release has following features:
1) Added support to configure index from setup page.
2) Updated workflow for fetching Floor images
Splunk AppInspect evaluates Splunk apps against a set of Splunk-defined criteria to assess the validity and security of an app package and components.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.