== Support ==
If you have any questions or comments please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any ideas for new dashboard views that you would like to see, please let us know!
== Splunk Requirements ==
Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/742/
Splunk Add-on for SysIntrnals SysMon https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1914/
Splunk v6.4+ Required (Some dashboards within this application use post processing for searches)
== Installation ==
1) Install the Add-on in Splunk using the web interface, or by decompressing the application installer into the SplunkHome/Apps directory;
2) (optional) Ensure the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows is installed and writing events to the 'wineventlog' index;
3) (optional) Ensure the Splunk Add-on for SysInternals SysMon is installed and writing events to the 'wineventlog' index.
== Operation ==
The application is divided into three sections. Each section provides dashbords that allow interaction with logs withn your environment. Additional operating instructions can be found at the bottom of each dashboard.
== Airlock Application Whitelisting ==
This section of the application contains dashboards that allow you to work with Airlock Application Whitelisting data.
Setup: The Airlock dashboards assume that the Airlock HTTP input has a sourcetype of airlock.
== Windows Security ==
This section of the application provides easy to use dashboards for visualising windows event logs.
These dashboards have been informed by operational security experience and information provided in the NSA whitepaper: 'Spotting the Adversary with Windows Event Log Monitoring.
The NSA Whitepaper can be obtained here: https://www.iad.gov/iad/library/reports/spotting-the-adversary-with-windows-event-log-monitoring.cfm
NOTE: These Windows dashboards were designed with the intent of never modifying windows event log data contained within your database. This is why some dashboards use extensive regex to parse events at search time.
== SysMon ==
This section of the application provides easy to use dashboards for visualising SysInternals SysMon logs.
SysInternals SysMon must be installed and configured on endpoints. Some dashboards require that image / driver / process access etc is configured. 'Posh-Sysmon' is a fantastic powershell framework designed to assist with the creation of SysMon XML configurations.
== Troubleshooting ==
No data displayed?
1) Please ensure the user account you are searching with has accessed to the desired indexes and these indexes are searchable by default for the user.
2) For Windows & SysMon logs, please ensure the data is being written to the index called 'wineventlog'. If the logs are being written to a different index, please remove the reference to 'index=wineventlog' in each dashboard query.
3) If you are sending data from Airlock, please ensure the sourcetype is set with a name of 'airlock'.
Failed to Load Source for Parallel-Coordinates Visualization
1) Please clear your browser cache which should resolve the issue after the Parallel-Coordinates upgrade;
2) Alternitavely test the plugin by loading the relevant dashboard in your browsers 'incognito' mode.
Update language used in app, confirm compatibility for Splunk 8.x
Split inputs and indexes from application into separate Airlock Digital TA Add-on.
Minor dashboard updates.
- Improved the Airlock Digital Application Whitelisting dashboard layout;
- Added Windows Security dashboards;
- Added Sysinternals SysMon dashboards.
Airlock Digital Add-On for Splunk - Initial Release
Contains the logic required to process events from Airlock. Includes pre-configured dashboards to process data.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.