Please visit Github for full documentation. The documentaiton has exceeded Splunkbase's character limit.
Please submit feature requests through Github using the
enhancement label so they can be tracked and discussed.
Please submit bugs through Github using the
bug label so they can be tracked and discussed.
For general support and questions on using the app, please post to Splunk Answers.
Scott Haskell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Added default styling to KML to fix issue with map failing to render when no style exists
- Fixed bug where map fails to render when all popups or multiple popups are enabled with context menu disabled.
- Version 1.5.0 introduces the ability to trace paths along the map. If you have a dataset that contains multiple coordinates for each point (think cars, trains, planes, bicycles, anything that moves and can be tracked) you can now trace the path of the object.
- Added compatibility for hex values prefixed with '0x' for markerColor field using SVG based icons and iconColor field for SVG and PNG based icons. Added for compatibility with Splunk's tostring eval function which returns '0x' prefixed hex values.
- Added feature to use SVG based markers. This allows for dynamic resizing and styling using any HTML color code name or hex value.
- Added Marker Priority feature that renders markers on top of or underneath others based on a numerical value.
- Updated ionicons to version 2.0.1
- Updated Leaflet to version 1.0.3
- Updated Leaflet.markercluster plugin to version 1.0.2
- Code simplification and general cleanup.
- Fixed styling issue with KML/KMZ overlays.
- Added dialog box to display information when clicking 'Show details' from the context menu. This allows you to directly copy and paste center lat/lon coordinates into the format menu without disruption.
- Added feature to enable/disable context menu when right clicking the map. Use to show details (pointer lat/lon, map center lat/lon), center map or zoom in/out. Center lat/lon coordinates can be copied and used to set 'Center Lat' and 'Center Lon' settings. The custom visualization API does not currently support programmatically setting format menu options so you must manually set them yourself.
- Fixed a bug where the font size in CSS was overriding the *extraClasses* field.
- Fixed a bug with the *title* field where appending *title* to the final table command didn't apply the title when hovering over the icon.
- Fixed a bug where a trailing slash was missing in the the Leaflet default image path causing the default Leaflet icon to fail rendering.
- Fixed an issue with ajax call when fetching KML files to specify the file format as XML so the browser doesn't incorrectly guess and cause an error.
* Added drilldown capability. Add any non-standard fields to the final table command to have those fields available as a drilldown tokens. Enable drilldown in the format menu and simply double-click a marker to execute the drilldown. See the docs for details and an example.
- Set is_configred = 0 in app.conf
- Fixed a bug where loading multiple instances of the visualization on the same dashboard fails
- Fixed bug in logic of creating markers that caused the visualization to fail when handling basic case of latitude and longitude.
- Added new feature that allows you to interactively measure paths and area on the map. See documentation for details.
- Added new Overlay feature. Copy any KML or KMZ files into the app so they can be displayed on the map. See documentation for details.
- Fixed bug where changing default height of map would fail to render the map tiles in the additional space beyond the default 600 pixels of height.
- Added new layer control feature that groups marker/icon styles into their own layer. A layer control widget (enabled by default, but optionally hidden) is presented in the upper right hand corner that displays a legend for each icon class with a checkbox to toggle visbility of the markers on the map. This control works for both clustered and single value visualizations.
- Added new clustering option 'Cluster Warning Size'. See documentation for usage.
- Added new clustering option 'Distance Multiplier'. See documentation for usage.
- Added support for backwards compatibility in checking argument values with older versions. Saw issues with upgrades and older arguments in savedsearches.conf.
- Fixed syntax errors in formatter.html that was causing some options to not get set by default
- Fixed issue with parsing config options and default option settings that was causing clustering to be disabled by default on saved searches.
- Fixed issue where default icon marker wasn't configured with the correct defaults if not set by user in search.
- Fixed bug with full screen mode and default height options that were affecting multiple instances of this visualization on the same dashboard.
- Fixed bug with full screen mode and default height options that were affecting other panels in the same dashboard.
- Added options to customize cluster marker foreground/background color and cluster thresholds
- Added option to enable full screen mode for map
- Added option to set height of the map
- Changed configuration menu layout and renamed 'Tiles' to 'Map'
- Added three new Stamen Maps tiles
- Added new optional field 'title' to customize icon mouse hover over
- Added options to override provided map tiles and attribution
- Added option to open multiple popups at the same time
- Added option to open all popups for non-clustered maps on page load
- Added ability to customize marker color and add icons based on fields in the search
- Reduced number of fields to use visualization to two; latitude and longitude
- Added option to disable scroll wheel zoom
- Styled clusters with bold font to increase visibility
Splunk's App Certification program uses a specific set of criteria to evaluate the level of quality, usability and security your app offers to its users. In addition, we evaluate the documentation and support you offer to your app's users.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 50GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.