The Splunk App for Microsoft Windows ONLY works on Splunk 5.x systems. For similar functionality on Splunk 6 and later editions, please use the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure: http://apps.splunk.com/app/1680/
The Splunk App for Windows provides examples of pre-built data inputs, searches, reports, alerts, and dashboards for Windows server and desktop management. You can monitor, manage, and troubleshoot Windows operating systems from one place. Included are scripted inputs for CPU, disk, I/O, memory, log, configuration, and user data, plus a web-based setup UI for indexing Windows Events Logs.
With the Splunk App for Windows you can:
- Monitor CPU, memory, network and disk utilization across one or more systems
- Monitor Windows Update successful and failed packages, application installations and application crashes on hosts across your environment
- Monitor all Windows event logs across your environment, including Application, System and Security
Accessing the documentation:
- New and improved operational health dashboards designed for large scale enterprise distributed environments across multiple hosts
- New customizable performance dashboards views to enable reporting by any counter that is being collected
- New interactive views enabling advanced filtering capabilities including wildcarding on host names
- App interoperability with non-Windows search head
- Support for the Windows Technology-Addon (TA)
The Splunk App for Windows supports Windows Server 2003, 2003 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
All instances of Splunk in a Splunk App for Windows deployment must run version 4.3.5 or later.
As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Splunk is committed to delivering innovative solutions and technologies that enable organizations to be operationally aware of the Windows IT infrastructure they manage. Splunk provides the tools to manage the Windows foundation for customer success.
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.