The Splunk App for Windows supports Windows Server 2003, 2003 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
All instances of Splunk in a Splunk App for Windows deployment must run version 4.3.5 or later.
As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Splunk is committed to delivering innovative solutions and technologies that enable organizations to be operationally aware of the Windows IT infrastructure they manage. Splunk provides the tools to manage the Windows foundation for customer success.
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
This App has been superseded by the new Windows Infrastructure app for use with Splunk 6.0. Please download the new application instead - http://apps.splunk.com/app/1680/
• On pooled search heads, the app now respects search schedules and does not populate the dispatch directory with extraneous search artifacts.
• The app has been updated to conform to application taxonomy requirements.
Completely refactored version of the App for monitoring of Windows infrastructure in enterprise environments.
Fixed bug with persistent warning window about unsupported configuration on Unix platforms.
Fixed bug with Windows app lookups being unavailable to other Splunk applications.
Here's what's new in the latest version of the Splunk App for Windows:
* Documentation! http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/WindowsApp This app now has official Splunk documentation that will be maintained with every release of the app.
* Improved app setup
* Improved knowledge layers
Bug fixes include:
* You are no longer sent to a "404 Not Found" page when you click on the set-up link that the app presents after it is initially installed.
* The system resources of the local Windows host are now properly monitored by default after installation.
* On the dashboard that displays indexed data, the "Total Count" now properly appears on the "Last 15 minutes" and "Last 24 hours" subpanels.
* Configuration defaults are now properly added for Registry monitoring inputs.
contains bug fix for migrating regmon filters from Splunk 4.2 to 4.3
Updated to be compatible with Splunk 4.2, to work better with newer Windows operating systems (such as Windows 2008 R2) as well as other miscellaneous improvements.
Splunk AppInspect evaluates Splunk apps against a set of Splunk-defined criteria to assess the validity and security of an app package and components.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.