This app is compatible with "Authentication","Inventory" and "Performance" datamodels of Splunk CIM (Comman information model).
The main app dashboard can take some time to populate the dashboards once data collection is started. A good test to see that you are receiving all of the data we expect is to run this search after several minutes:
search `isilon_index` | stats count by sourcetype
In particular, you should see these sourcetypes:
If you don't see these sourcetypes, then
• For emc:isilon:rest, have a look at the messages for "emc:isilon:rest".
For Add-on version 2.3 onwards: User can see logs at $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/isilon/emc_isilon.log file.
For Add-on version till 2.2: Here is a sample search that will show messages:
index=_internal component="ExecProcessor" "EMC Isilon Error:" | table _time host log_level message
• For "emc:isilon:syslog", check the syslog file in /etc/mcp/override/syslog.conf - it should have @<forwarders_ip_address> in front of the required log file and !* at the end of the syslog.conf file. Also run following command to see whether the syslog forwarding in enabled or not:
For EMC Isilon cluster with oneFS version 7.x.x - isi audit settings view
For EMC Isilon cluster with oneFS version 8.x.x - isi audit settings global view
EMC Isilon forward syslog and audit logs on 514 udp port by default. Please make sure port 514 is open and reserver for Isilon syslogs only.
Follow below steps to upgrade EMC Isilon Technology addon from version 2.2 to 2.3
• Download tar of EMC Isilon Technology addon from splunk base (v2.3)
• Extract tar of EMC Isilon Technology addon under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps
• Execute upgrade python script under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TA_EMC-Isilon/bin/upgrade_from_v2.2_to_v2.3.py.
On execution, script will ask for input and user has to provide already setup nodes as comma separated value.
Command to execute script:
$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk cmd python $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TA_EMC-Isilon/bin/upgrade_from_v2.2_to_v2.3.py
User can verify configured nodes from $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TA_EMC-Isilon/local/passwords.conf
This script will add stanza for each node, given as input while executing script, in file $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TA_EMC-Isilon/local/isilonappsetup.conf. Verify entry for each node in this file
• Restart Splunk
- Mandate HTTPS connection with OneFS with certificate verification.
- Removed indexes.conf from add-on - expecting user to create index manually and give same name while setup of Isilon node.
- Improved field extractions for audit logs of OneFS version(184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 8.0..0.2, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124)
- Changed error log locations to $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/isilon/emc_isilon.log file
- Upgrade script needs to get executed while upgrading to version 2.3. More information in Overview section.
Splunk's App Certification program uses a specific set of criteria to evaluate the level of quality, usability and security your app offers to its users. In addition, we evaluate the documentation and support you offer to your app's users.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 50GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.