• Splunk version 6.2,6.3 or 6.4
• Splunk search head system should have 8 GB of RAM and a quad-core CPU to run this app smoothly
• This main app also requires Dell Isilon Add-On for Splunk Enterprise
This app should be installed on search head either through UI through "Manage Apps" or by extracting zip file into /opt/splunk/etc/apps folder. Plesae restart Splunk server after this installation
1) Add-on app, which runs collector scripts and gathers data from Dell Isilon node, does indexing on it and provides indexed data to Main app.
2) Main app, which receives indexed data from Add-on app, runs searches on it and builds dashboard using indexed data.
This App can be set up in two ways:
1) Standalone Mode: Install main app and Add-on app on a single machine.
2) Distributed Environment: Install main app and Add-on app on search head, Only Add-on on forwarder system and indexes.conf file from Add-on bundle on Indexer.
Here also both the apps resides on search head machine, but no need to configure Add-on on search head.
Only Add-on needs to be installed and configured on forwarder system.
On Indexer, you can either put complete Add-on without configuring or just indexes.conf from the Add-on bundle that contains definition for 'isilon' index.
Execute the following command on forwarder to forward the collected data to the indexer.
/opt/splunk/bin/splunk add forward-server <indexer_ip_address>:9997
On Indexer machine, enable event listening on port 9997 (recommended by Splunk).
Main app on search head uses the received data and builds dashboards on it.
No additional configuration is needed for this app.
Fixed Node Details panel in the Cluster Inventory dashboards which displayed incorrect Uptime.
Splunk 8 support
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.