The Splunk Event Generator is a utility which allows its user to easily build real-time event generators.
The current maintainers of this project are Brian Bingham (email@example.com) and Tony Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The goals of this project are ambitious but simple:
To get you started, please setup a documentation
Please note CONTRIBUTING.md. You can also find past and current contributors in the document.
The Splunk Event Generator is licensed under the Apache License 2.0. Details can be found in the LICENSE file.
This software is released as-is. Splunk provides no warranty and no support on this software.
If you have any issues with the software, please feel free to reach out to the current maintainers and we would be happy to help you.
- Fixing SA-Eventgen Dashboard and log searching
- Improving internal logging and fixing splunkd logging issue
- Fixing timestamping in default generator
- Fixing custom plugin integration
- Fixing SA-Eventgen app settings
- Supporting Eventgen 5 backward compatibility with additional features
- Better modinput process management
- Minor Bugfixes with various customer cases
Splunk's App Certification program uses a specific set of criteria to evaluate the level of quality, usability and security your app offers to its users. In addition, we evaluate the documentation and support you offer to your app's users.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 50GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.