The Splunk Event Generator is a utility which allows its user to easily build real-time event generators.
The current maintainers of this project are Brian Bingham (firstname.lastname@example.org), Tony Lee (email@example.com), and Jack Meixensperger (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The goals of this project:
Documentation is hosted at Eventgen Documentation.
For more information, please go to Eventgen Github Repository.
- Cleaned up documentation
- Jinja template bugfix in SA-Eventgen app
- Implementation of 'timeMultiple’ option
- Templates for bugs/feature requests
- Fixed Jinja test configuration stanzas
- Fix for default behavior for 'count' edge cases
- Added performance metrics compared to Eventgen 5.x
- New config option for generation-time metrics: outputCounter
- Jinja template fixes
- Timestamp parsing fix
- Output queueing fix for outputMode splunkstream
- Count rater fixes, now supports indefinite generation
- Fixed verbosity bug from 6.3.1
- Added documentation
- Fixed Eventgen Volume APIs
- Improved Eventgen Server Logging
- Corrected Eventgen Server and Controller conf syncing issue
- Adding verbosity options (ERROR, INFO, DEBUG) to Eventgen modinput
- Implemented future event generation support in replay mode
- Fixed Jinja template's missing default values
- Adjusted logging message levels for less verbosity
- Fixed event count off by 1 issue
- Fixed unnecessary empty data generators being created
- Updated dependency list
- Bug fixes for the customer issues
- Documentation upgrade
- Code refactoring for version unification
- Logging improvements
- Fixing SA-Eventgen Dashboard and log searching
- Improving internal logging and fixing splunkd logging issue
- Fixing timestamping in default generator
- Fixing custom plugin integration
- Fixing SA-Eventgen app settings
- Supporting Eventgen 5 backward compatibility with additional features
- Better modinput process management
- Minor Bugfixes with various customer cases
Splunk AppInspect evaluates Splunk apps against a set of Splunk-defined criteria to assess the validity and security of an app package and components.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 50GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.