- Install Splunk 6.x on a server and launch the web interface
- Click the “Find More Apps” button at the bottom of the Splunk web interface
- Search for SMS PASSCODE
- Click the “Install Free” button
- If the Splunk web server is installed on a DIFFERENT server than your SMS PASSCODE core services (Database, Transmitter and Load Balancing service)
- Install the Splunk Universal Forwarder (http://www.splunk.com/download/universalforwarder) on your SMS PASSCODE core services servers
- Note: perform a basic install without checking any checkboxes. The only information needed during installation is the location of your Splunk server.
- Copy the SMS_Passcode_TA folder from your Splunk web server to %ProgramFiles%\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\
- Note: the SMS_Passcode_TA folder is located in the following directory on your Splunk web server %ProgramFiles\Splunk\etc\apps\SMSPASSCODE\appserver\addons
- Restart the Splunk service (either via the Windows Service Control Panel, or via command line by typing "%ProgramFiles%\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin\splunk.exe" restart)
- If the Splunk web server is installed on a SAME server as your SMS PASSCODE core services (Database, Transmitter and Load Balancing service)
- Copy the SMS_Passcode_TA folder from %ProgramFiles\Splunk\etc\apps\SMSPASSCODE\appserver\addons to %ProgramFiles%\Splunk\etc\apps\
- If host has the SMS Passcode Database service change disabled = 1 to disabled = 0 for [WinEventLog:SmsCL] and [WinEventLog:SmsDB] in SMS_Passcode_TA\default\inputs.conf
Jan. 15, 2014, 8:43 p.m.
Splunk's App Certification program uses a specific set of criteria to evaluate the level of quality, usability and security your app offers to its users. In addition, we evaluate the documentation and support you offer to your app's users.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 50GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.