Real-time integration between Splunk Enterprise and relational databases--now with improved access control and support for IBM DB2 and SAP Sybase.
Splunk DB Connect delivers reliable, scalable, real-time integration between Splunk Enterprise and relational databases. Integrate structured data from relational databases with data in Splunk Enterprise to drive deeper levels of analysis and operational intelligence.
**DB Connect 1.2.0 or higher is not compatible with Java 6 or 7. Use Java 8 instead.**
**DB Connect 1.1.7 or lower is not compatible with Java 8. Use Java 6 or 7 instead.**
**DB Connect 1.1.4 or lower is not Splunk 6.2 compatible. DB Connect 1.1.5 or higher should be used with Splunk 6.2. **
Core features include:
- Database lookup - Enrich machine-generated data by adding meaningful information from the database.
- Explore database schema - Browse and navigate database schemas and tables from the Splunk DB Connect user interface before deciding to import data into Splunk.
- Import and Index Data from Relational Databases into Splunk - Splunk DB Connect is ideal for indexing new database data within Splunk Enterprise. The Splunk tail command can be used to detect updated or new rows in the database by referencing time stamp values.
- Connection pooling and caching - For faster performance Splunk DB Connect includes a Java Bridge Server.
- Search Language extensions - Dbquery and Dbinfo are Splunk search commands that enable you to execute database queries directly from the Splunk Enterprise user interface.
- Database connection management - Configure IBM DB2, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, SAP Sybase, PostgreSQL, and more in minutes from the Splunk User Interface.
- Access rights – Grant user permissions to query only certain databases. Restrict connections to read-only mode.
- Scalability – Allow the input and output of data to be effectively unlimited to work with large data sets. Choose between streaming and batch modes.