A license key from Tego Cyber Inc. is required to start receiving data from the Tego Threat Intelligence Platform. If you have downloaded Tego Guardian, please contact us or visit our website to provide your HEC token: https://tegocyber.com/splunk/
This Splunk application helps in visualizing and correlating your data with the Tego Threat Engine. This application is standalone and does not depend on any other technology add-ons.
Version - 2.0.0
Compatible with Splunk Enterprise version: 8.0.x, 8.1.x and 8.2.x, 9.0.x and Splunk Cloud.
INSTALLATION (S1 Architecture)
1. This app can be installed either through UI from "Manage Apps" or by extracting the compressed file into $SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps folder.
2. Restart Splunk.
3. Open the TegoGuardian app, a setup page will appear.
4. Select the indexes you wish to be searched and press submit.
5. Create a tegoguardian index at Settings > Indexes > New Index
6. Create a HEC to receive data feed from Tego: Settings-->Data Inputs-->HTTP Event Collector
7. Click New Token
- On Select Source screen, enter Name: tego_hec, Source name override: tegoguardian and then click Next.
- On Input Settings screen under Source Type, click Select and then select tegoguardian.
- On Input Settings screen under Index, select tegoguardian under Selected Allowed Indexes AND as Default Index.
- Click Review and then Submit.
Note the token value to provide to TegoCyber along with url to HEC receiver... usually https://\<yourhost>:8088
8. For each Index that will be searched, set-up a field alias for either domain, url, or hash at Settings > Fields > Field Alias. For example, dst ASNEW domain.
9. For each Index, set-up a field alias called Asset at Settings > Fields > Field Alias. For example, Hostname ASNEW Asset.
10. Enable permissions for Everyone to Read the the Field Alias for TegoGuardian. Recommended "This App Only" selection
11. Enable the 4 list_update searches
12. Provide hec token info to a Tego representative who will authorize access.
INSTALLATION (Distributed Architectures)
1. Distributed architectures will require the data inputs be deployed to the Forwarding tier and the indexes.conf be configured at the indexer tier.
2. tegoguardian index needs to be provisioned at the indexer tier (indexes.conf)
3. App should be installed on a SHC via deployer.
4. App will be split into components however if you have any questions on distributed architectures, please reach out.
SETUP PAGE GUIDE
Section 1: Select indexes
Select the indexes you would like to compare with the Tego threat data.
Performance improvements and security compliance
Some performance improvements, bug fixes, and cloud readiness.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.