How to configure:
1. First put your base64 logo in de "logo_base64.dat" file. (600px x 80px)
2. Change the footer text in the "footer.html" file.
3. Enable the app via the app manager (/en-US/manager/search/apps/local)
4. Define SPLUNK_HOME in your environment variables
5. The alert action contains 5 configurable fields (Receivers, Priority, Subject, Message, Link to the dashboard). Configure them in the Splunk GUI when creating the alert.
6. Make sure you configured the email settings for your splunk server.
action.custom_alerter = 1
action.custom_alerter.param.dashboard = https://www.splunk.com
action.custom_alerter.param.message = $result.message$
action.custom_alerter.param.priority = 3
action.custom_alerter.param.receivers = firstname.lastname@example.org
action.custom_alerter.param.subject = Test subject
Troubleshoot and check logging:
Support for Splunk servers without SMTP authentication
Changed default logo
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.