1. This addon currently covers the menlo security audit log and web logs that is collected via REST API.
2. The following is the sourcetypes used by this addon:
a) menlosecurity:audit:json is used for the audit log.
3. Install this addon on the Search Head and Indexer. If you are collecting the logs from the Heavy forwarder, then it needs to be installed there as well.
4. After installation:
a) On the Search Head and Indexer, in the addon folder/local , create app.conf file and set the following:
is_visible = 0
b) On the Heavy Forwarder, where the logs is being collected from, Open the app via web ui. Then, in there:
- Click the Configuration tab
- Click the Add-on Settings and add your Menlo Security Token here and click Save.
- Click the Inputs tab
- Click Create New Input and Select accordingly whether you want to onboard Web Logs or Audit Logs
- Specify a name for the input
- Set the Interval as 60. This would be every 60 seconds.
- Specify the index name which you want to send the logs to.
- Specify the start date. This would be from which point you wish to collect your log from. It is based on UTC time in epoch format. For example, setting 1601510400, will tell it to collect from 1 Oct 2020 @ 12:00am (UTC)
- Set the checkpoint type as File
Splunk AppInspect evaluates Splunk apps against a set of Splunk-defined criteria to assess the validity and security of an app package and components.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.