OS Ticket Addon for Splunk is an alert action which creates ticket, when an alert is triggered in Splunk. The addon uses API key to communicate with OS Ticket Platform. Also multiple parameters would be required to create tickets in OS Ticket Platform
Below are the parameters we used for configuring OS Ticket Alert action:
• Owner name
• Owner email address
OS Ticket Addon for Splunk provides a dashboard which will gives an overview of:
• Count of successfully created tickets and count of failed tickets
• Detailed overview of successful and failed tickets
• Successfully created tickets and failed over week
• Payload details of successful and failed tickets
Configuration of OS Ticket:
In configuration page of OS Ticket Add-on one needs to input the below details:
1. Enter the URL<IP/Host> of the server where OS ticket is installed followed by location of OS ticket installation.
2. Enter IP address of the host in Host field; Splunk SearchHead.
3. Enter the API key generated by OS ticket.
Where to install OS Ticket Add-on:
• Standalone search head.
• Distributed search head.
• OS Ticket must be installed and configured separately.
Installation of OS Ticket:
• To install OS Ticket, follow the below link:
Splunk AppInspect evaluates Splunk apps against a set of Splunk-defined criteria to assess the validity and security of an app package and components.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.