This TA provides an adaptative response/alert action to create an alert on TheHive.
This App is a version for Splunk Cloud (it can be used on Splunk Enterprise without problem).
The main change with TA_thehive_ce is that this version uses only a lookup table thehive_instance_list.csv instead of creating modular inputs to set the parameters to reach your TheHive instances.
This app is designed to run on Splunk Search Head(s) on Linux plateforms
1. Download the app directly on splunkbase or this file which is the Splunk TA ( it is an archive containing the sub-directory TA_thehive_ce)
2. Install the app on your Splunk Search Head(s): "Manage Apps" -> "Install app from file" or ask Splunk to install it on your Splunk Cloud instance.
3. Restart Splunk (for later updates, you may skip this step)
4. At next logon, launch the app (Manage Apps > TheHive CE > launch app)
5. Configure proxy, logging level
6. Save TheHive Api key value under thehive_api_key1, thehive_api_key2 or thehive_api_key3 input fields
7. With lookup editor or other means, import the CSV table of TheHive instances thehive_instance_list.csv.sample with the name being thehive_instance_list.csv (IMPORTANT for script to work). Please note that you can upload another file provided the column names are the same.
8. Edit this lookup table to point to your TheHive instance(s)
- provide a name under column 'thehive_instance' - this is the name you are going to use in alert form or sendalert command
- provide the base URL to your TH instance, ( /api/alert will be added to it to reach the endpoint)
- indicate the name of the container containing the api key (defined in 6.): either thehive_api_key1 or thehive_api_key2 or thehive_api_key3. Select only one of those 3 constant names (otherwise the script doesn't work)
- check (or not) the certificate of the TheHive server: use only True or False
- if applicable, provide the path to the certificate of thehive instance (it implies a check of the certificate)
- use (or not) the proxy for this instance:: use only True or False
- provide client certificate if required (and check the box to use it - use only True or False)
6. Parameters are saved under TA_thehive_ce/lookups/thehive_instance_list.csv
7. Important: Role(s)/user(s) configuring this app must have the capability to "list_storage_passwords" (as API KEYs and proxy password(s) are safely stored encrypted ). It looks like that this capability is not required to set the alert
8. In addition, a CSV file is saved under lookups/thehive_datatypes.csv. It contains a mapping between field names and datatypes
- standard datatypes are included at first alert if the file does not exist yet.
- then you can defined additional field (from datamodel) mapping to datatype e.g. on Splunk field src (from datamodel Web) can be mapped to datatype ip, dest to domain etc.
9. This lookup can be edited to add custom datatypes in the same way.
Here some activities you may carry out more easily with this app.
Splunk alerts to create TheHive alerts
The alert_action for TheHive was inpired by this Splunk app
This app TA_thehive_ce is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License v3.0.
**IMPORTANT**: version 1.1.6 is the last version of this TA. Please refer to [TheHive/Cortex](https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/5329/) that includes similar features and more.
for latest release check see more on https://github.com/remg427/TA-thehive-ce
Version 1.1.6 - February 22, 2021
- fix proxy settings
- #20 remove field rid from created alert
- #21 add tags per observable
Splunk AppInspect evaluates Splunk apps against a set of Splunk-defined criteria to assess the validity and security of an app package and components.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.