This add-on provides an Alert Acction to send Splunk Alert details as Custom Event on Appdynamics.
Before setting up this Alert Addon for Appdynamics, the following is needed from an Appdynamics administrator:
An Appdynamics administrator must create an API Client, a user for access of API client and Access Token which will be used by the Splunk Alert App to create Custom Event on Appdynamics. The API user should ideally belong to a system user as opposed to an actual “human” user.
Follow the guide on Appdynamics to create API Client and generate Access Token.
Once Access Token is created and the app is installed, follow the steps to configure the app.
1. Goto Splunk manage apps.
2. Look for “Splunk Alerts to Appdynamics” app and click on “Set Up”.
3. Now provide your Appdynamics environment URL and Access Token created before.
4. Once entered click “Save”.
While scheduling the alert, select “Send to Appdynamics” action from the action menu. You can provide the following parameters for Custom Event to be created on Appdynamics app.
(Details on Custom Event parameter - https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Alert+and+Respond+API#AlertandRespondAPI-CreateaCustomEvent )
• Severity – Error, Info, Warn
• Event Type – Custom or Application Deployment
• Application ID – Appdynamics Application ID
• Summary – Provide a summary describing event
• Comment – Provide the comments if any (It will be added in history/chat section)
• Include Result Link - It will append the Splunk Alert Result link to the comment and add it to history/chat section)
Splunk AppInspect evaluates Splunk apps against a set of Splunk-defined criteria to assess the validity and security of an app package and components.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.