Detail is provided in documentation: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DashApp/latest/DashApp/Install
If you are upgrading from a private beta version of this application, there may be breaking changes. You may need to recreate certain dashboard components as a result.
Versions 0.2.0 and 0.1.0 of this app require installation via CLI. Please use the latest version of this app for the best experience.
Resources & Sending Feedback
Documentation for the dashboards beta app can be found at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DashApp/0.6.0/DashApp/IntroFrame. Visit this link to view source editor configuration options: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DashApp/latest/DashApp/Comparison
Please send any beta feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Splunk product teams are monitoring this inbox. In any feedback, please include:
-Feature requests - what you were trying to achieve, what you attempted, and what you would like the Dashboards app to support
-Use cases - why you like or dislike the Dashboards app, and what your use cases are
A member of the team may reach out for more detail.
Caveats & Known Issues
This app is currently in beta, and is unsupported. As such, Splunk, Inc. will not support or diagnose any issues that come as a result of usage of this beta app.
Some key simple XML features are not currently available in the app, or are available through the source editor but not through the UI. Upcoming releases will bridge the gap to match most simple XML features.
Conversion from simple XML to the new framework is also in beta; as such, not all simple XML dashboards may successfully convert.
- On-demand export of dashboards to PDF or PNG
- Show Last Updated Time on visualizations using defaults
- Self service install on Splunk Cloud
For the full release notes, visit the docs https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DashApp/0.6.0/DashApp/DashAppRelNotes
- Grid layout: Use Grid layout to have your charts automatically snap-to-grid
- Saved Searches as a data source: Use Saved Searches as a data source to power your charts
- Download a single visualization as a PNG: Click on the visualization you want to export, and look for the download icon in the action menu
- Display Progress Bar: Enable the display of progress bars on your visualizations
- Enabling the progress bar may shrink the visualizations to make space for the progress bar. Workaround: enlarge your visualization
- Images with a remote URL cannot be downloaded as PNG
Splunk AppInspect evaluates Splunk apps against a set of Splunk-defined criteria to assess the validity and security of an app package and components.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.