The Splunk Health Assistant Add-on lets you download and install new health check items as they become available for the monitoring console in Splunk Enterprise. The add-on is updated with new health check items independently of Splunk Enterprise releases, which lets you update and monitor your deployment with the latest health checks, without waiting for a Splunk Enterprise release or requesting help from Splunk Support.
You can download the the Splunk Health Assistant Add-on directly through the monitoring console UI. This installs the latest version of the add-on in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps and automatically adds the new health checks to the Health Check page in the monitoring console. No restart is required. Or, you can manually download the add-on and install it using the app management page or command line if your splunk instance cannot access Splunkbase, for example, due to firewall restrictions.
Install the Splunk Health Assistant Add-on
Install directly thorugh monitoring console
For instructions on how to download and install the Splunk Health Assistant Add-on directly through the monitoring console in Splunk Enterprise, see Download health check updates.
Install from Splunk Enterprise
- Log into Splunk Enterprise.
- On the Apps menu, click Manage Apps.
- Click Install app from file.
- In the Upload app window, click Choose File.
- Locate the tar.gz file you downloaded, then click Open or Choose.
- Click Upload.
Install using the command line
- Put the downloaded file in the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps directory.
- Untar and ungzip the add-on package using a tool like tar -xvf (on *nix) or WinZip (on Windows).
- Restart Splunk.
For more information on installing apps and add-ons, see Manage app and add-on objects.