This is a Splunk application containing several dashboards and over 120 reports that will facilitate initial hunting indicators to investigate.
You obviously need to be ingesting Sysmon data into Splunk, a good configuration can be found here
This application is not a magic bullet, it will require tuning and real investigative work to be truly effective in your environment.
Try to become best friends with your system administrators. They will be able to explain a lot of the initially discovered indicators.
Big credit goes out to MITRE for creating the ATT&CK framework!
Pull requests / issue tickets and new additions will be greatly appreciated!
Install the following apps to your SearchHead:
A more detailed explanation of all functions can be found here
### Updates 1.3.4
- Added Technique and Host filtering options to the threat hunting overview page
- Added Timeline graph to the overview page
- Added Technique and Host filtering options to the mitre att&ck overview page
- Added New Files created page, based on Sysmon event_id 11
- Added File Create whitelist editor page
- Initial mapping of Windows 4688 events in props.conf
- Added 4688 events to 70 reports
- Added indextime macro
- Automated search distribution
- Index time searches instead of _time
- Cleaned up the code a bit
- Fixed the Tactics and Technique(ID) filters on the mitre att&ck overview page
- Added the Initial Access tactic and properly sorted them on all pages
- Re-added the computer investigator page
- Changed sourcetype to source in macros
This is a Splunk application containing several hunting dashboards and over 120 reports that will facilitate initial hunting indicators to investigate.
You obviously need to be ingesting Sysmon data into Splunk, a good configuration can be found in the details
Required actions after deployment:
Make sure the threathunting index is present on your indexers
Edit the macro's to suit your environment
Install the required addons
Install the lookup csv's or create them yourself, empty csv's are here > https://github.com/olafhartong/ThreatHunting/raw/master/files/ThreatHunting.tar.gz
More documentation is available at > https://github.com/olafhartong/threathunting/wiki
This app is maintained on GitHub > https://github.com/olafhartong/threathunting
Several bug fixes, AppInspect improvements, ensured overall code consistency
BlackHat Europe Arsenal Edition
Splunk AppInspect evaluates Splunk apps against a set of Splunk-defined criteria to assess the validity and security of an app package and components.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 50GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.