At a minimum, you should have data from the following security sources collected by your Splunk environment:
All data used by InfoSec app must be Common Information Model (CIM)-compliant. The easiest way to accomplish that is to use CIM-compliant Splunk Add-ons for your security devices
The following Data Models must be accelerated:
WHERE TO INSTALL THE APP
The app can be installed on a standalone Splunk server or a Search Head in a distributed Splunk environment. The app is not tested for Search Head Cluster installation.
The app uses dark mode if your Splunk version is 7.2 and newer. Earlier versions of Splunk will display dashboards on white background.
Force Directed visualization is not supported with Splunk Cloud. You can delete reports containing this visualization or replace it with Parallel Coordinates visualization: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3137/
- InfoSec Stats dashboard renamed to Health and Stats; the dashboard now shows count of events for each data model used by the app
- New app menu item Search > Experimental Dashboards
- New experimental Endpoints dashboard under Search > Experimental Dashboards(requires endpoint data to be sent to Splunk)
- Existing experimental Cloud Security dashboard is linked under Search > Experimental Dashboards (requires AWS data to be sent to Splunk)
- Intrusion Detection (IDS/IPS) dashboard: can now filter by allowed/blocked intrusion attempts
- Network Traffic dashboard > Network Communication Map: can now filter properly if network traffic app name has backslashes
- Several dashboards have references to advanced functionality available in Splunk Enterprise Security
- Additional Resources dashboard: added security journey stages, reference to Splunk Enterprise Security
- Bug fixes
Version 1.3.2 - February 1, 2019
- search for malware indicator on Security Posture dashboard;
- drilldowns on Compliance dashboard;
- app package manifest schema changed to v1.0.0 for compatibility with older Splunk Cloud versions
- Expanded capabilities of authentication and network communication maps and associated filters
- Bug fixes
Compliance dashboard added
Minor bug fixes
Splunk AppInspect evaluates Splunk apps against a set of Splunk-defined criteria to assess the validity and security of an app package and components.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 50GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.