If a version of our app is not yet supported on Splunk Cloud, you can request it be approved following this process: http://dev.splunk.com/view/app-cert/SP-CAAAE85
Unfortunately we can no longer request this.
Backup your current app/configurations outside of the Splunk install path
Delete the app and all app configuration files from all Splunk search heads and heavy forwarders from the command line.
* rm -rf $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TA-tenable/
Install the latest app (See How-To Guide)
Configure an account. (See How-To Guide)
Create a new index to store data in. (See How-To Guide) (You can't re-use an existing index as data formats have changed and it will be impossible to ensure numbers between your Tenable platform and Splunk are correct)
Configure an input. (See How-To Guide)
* Ensure that you have use the new index you created above
* Added support for custom Tenable.sc port on the account setup page
* Added support for Tenable.sc API Keys on the account setup page
* Deprecated Tenable.sc user/password credentials type on account setup page
* Add new fields sc_uniqeness to tenable:sc:assets and tenable:sc:vulns sourcetypes to allow for better deduplication of events
* Add VPR and VPR drivers to tenable:*:vuln field alias
* Add ACR and AES to tenable:io:assets to field alias
* Add VPR and VPR drivers to tenable:*:plugin field alias
* Added Tenable.ot syslog parsing support
Splunk AppInspect evaluates Splunk apps against a set of Splunk-defined criteria to assess the validity and security of an app package and components.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.