Aug. 14, 2020
CS Toolkit App Instructions v2.6.0:
Before using version 2.6.0 of the app please carefully read these instructions:
The CST app is collecting Splunk's internal data to help you understand how Splunk is used in your organization.
For that, the app is using a summary index. The default summary index name is "cst_summary".
If you wish to use a different name for the summary index, pleae follow these steps:
- Create a new summary index with your chosen name
- In the CST app, change the definition of search macro
cst_summary_index to: index=<your_new_summary_index_name>
The new Adoption Analysis Dashboards provide insights on application usage and content creation.
Before using the app for the first time, run the following summary searches:
(Settings-->Searches,Reports, and Alerts-->App:CST2.6)
- History collect adhoc searches
- History collect app access
- History collect dashboard access
- History collect events meta data
- Daily collect app metadata
- Daily collect dashboard metadata
- Daily collect savedsearch metadata
- Daily collect events metadata
Once these searches have finished successfully the CST summary index should be populated with data which will appear in the Adoption Analysis Dashboards
- Splunk version 8.x support
- Added new Adoption Analysis Dashboards
- Added summary searches to populate visualisations in thew new Adoption Analysis Dashboards
- Education reports:
- Search optimisation
- Included ILT course detail
- Dark Mode Theme
- Education Transcript upload: Transcript csv export header row needs to be manually changed to uppercase before uploading in order for reports to work:
- eLearning Details Report: There are issues with how courses are displayed (complete, incomplete, etc. ) due to how they are reported in underlying transcript file.
We are working with the education team to get this resolved.
Splunk AppInspect evaluates Splunk apps against a set of Splunk-defined criteria to assess the validity and security of an app package and components.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 10GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.