Removed usage of index= to conform to Splunk standards.
Updated lookup tables to not use index=.
Updated user-agent version to help with visibility of who is using the old version of the app.
This release of the of the app builds upon the capabilities of the previous versions of the iSIGHT Partners ThreatScape App, which has been updated and rebranded into the FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence App version 1.2.
Using the iSIGHT Intelligence API data, the application will load indicators of compromise and vulnerability intelligence with meta-data from json format into separate Splunk indexes.
New for this release are lookup tables that are pre-built as searches, that will ensure correlations with customer logs are easy to implement.
We have retained event level workflow actions on the original json intelligence, where you can:
o Search against FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence indicators.
o Pivot search against FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence indicators.
o View the original report on the FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence Portal.
Documentation for the installation, upgrade, and configuration of the FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence App can be found here:
Please see the user guide (bottom of page 14) for an important note and several approaches for upgrading the application to avoid issues. Please use the contact developer email address listed on the app page to request any necessary information prior to upgrading, or contact your Intelligence Account Manager.
This application contains the following updates that were made in version 1.2 :
• Added Windows compatibility, now platform-independant, check the requirement section for version details.
• Added log rotation, to optimize the space and have last 5 days logs at any instance of time.
• Added a new Splunk index ‘isight_api’ to index FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence App logs.
• The ability to fetch and load historical API data.
• Implementation of lookup tables and saved searches to generate lookup tables.
• Removal of summary indexing and some dashboards.
• Rebranded the application.
• Implemented an API accept_version modifier on the API key entry page so that customers can easily keep up with API updates.
Splunk's App Certification program uses a specific set of criteria to evaluate the level of quality, usability and security your app offers to its users. In addition, we evaluate the documentation and support you offer to your app's users.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 50GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.