This is the official Splunk App for Puppet Enterprise. It currently displays a high level overview of activity relating to the various PE components. With this app users can gain some insight into the performance of their PE console services, puppetdb, and puppetserver instances. At the moment it is simply a collection of dashboards, data models, and the appropriate input configurations. Future releases will expand to ingest data from PuppetDB and the various component metrics endpoints.
This currently provisions the following dashboards which analyze data from the PE infrastructure logs.
This dashboard contains data relating to the actions and performance of Puppet Enterprises Console Services.
This dashboard contains data relating to the actions and performance of PuppetDB instances.
This dashboard contains data relating to compilation metrics for Puppet Server instances.
This dashboard contains data relating to Puppet Server API activity.
- This is the initial release for the app.
- It provides 4 dashboards for analyzing the actions and performance of users' PE infrastructure.
- Sets up an index named "puppet-enterprise"
- Ships with a configured inputs.conf so the app can be installed on Splunk Universal Forwarder instances running on nodes running Puppet Server, PuppetDB, and Console Services.
- In future releases we will target features around analyzing more Puppet specific data like resource events, reports, and data from the various metrics endpoints for PE services.
March 22, 2016, 4:38 a.m.
Splunk's App Certification program uses a specific set of criteria to evaluate the level of quality, usability and security your app offers to its users. In addition, we evaluate the documentation and support you offer to your app's users.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 50GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.