HomeAssistant app for Splunk
This is a Splunk app designed to be used with the HomeAssistant home automation platform, to give you more insight into your system.
- You need to have at least Splunk 6.3 installed, since this uses the HTTP Event Collector introduced in that version.
- HomeAssistant installed on a machine that can connect to the one running Splunk.
- Install the app by copying the
homeassistant directory to
$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/homeassistant and restarting Splunk so that the app is recognized.
- At this moment, you must manually enable the HTTP Event Collector and add a token for HomeAssitant:
- Go Settings > Data Inputs and choose HTTP Event Collector
- For "All Tokens", select "Enabled", and click "Save"
- Choose "New Token"
- Give your token a name and click "Next"
- Under "Source type", choose "Select", and then "Structured > homeassistant_event"
- Under Index, set your index ("homeassistant", by default) as the "Default Index"
- When you're done, you'll be given the "Token Value". Place this in your HomeAssistant configuration as per the Splunk component's documentation.
- Provides analogues to HomeAssistant's native reporting, including a range-configurable History view and a filterable logbook.
- Provides a Device Tracker view that shows time spent per location/device
- Provides an Energy Usage dashboard (although this may need to be customized to your HomeAssistant configuration)