This TA is deployed on Forwarders, Indexers and Search Heads.
This TA can be deployed to the indexer without any further changes.
It is recommended to create a new index called cacti. An indexes.conf file is not included with this TA.
Install and Deploy the app to the search head.
On the search head, the add-on will provide:
* search time extractions, lookups, macros and event types
To complete the install, you will need to update the follow:
* cacti_index: replace index=cacti with the appropriate index
To complete the ingestion of data, deploy the Splunk_TA_Cacti to the forwarder installed on the same host as your Cacti implementation. If you have multiple installs, you can deploy it across multiple Cacti servers.
For this add-on to work, you will need to have installed the Cacti Mirage plugin to the Cacti servers.
In addition, you will need the following information:
* Path to Cacti install (i.e. /var/www/html/cacti or /usr/share/cacti)
* Path to mirage_poller_output.log (i.e /var/www/html/cacti/log/mirage_poller_output.log)
* Index to send data to (either default or index=cacti, etc)
For deploying the add-on, copy the following files from the default directory to the local directory.
Edit the local/inputs.conf file and make the following changes:
* enable all inputs stanzas: change disabled = true to disabled = false
* modify all stanzas to reflect the appropriate destination index (i.e. index=cacti)
* Set to the correct path to the mirage_poller_output.log file. This file is generated by the Cacti Mirage plugin
* Set to the correct path to the cacti.log file, which is most likely in the log/ folder inside the Cacti install.
* [script://./bin/cacti_lookup_mirage.py /usr/share/cacti]
* Change /usr/share/cacti to the folder where you installed Cacti
The Splunk_TA_Cacti installed on the forwarder requires a linux based Cacti server with the mysql client available
Splunk's App Certification program uses a specific set of criteria to evaluate the level of quality, usability and security your app offers to its users. In addition, we evaluate the documentation and support you offer to your app's users.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 50GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.