About Energy Scan
|Has index-time operations
|Create an index
||Implements Data Model
Track Your Energy Demands for a Greener Tomorrow.
‘Energy Scan’ allows a Splunk® Enterprise administrator and users to monitor, analyse and optimize your Utility organisation's Energy Load Profile. Connect your Telemetry System Feed/Logs to obtain real-time information to manage your company's Energy Load Profile.
- Monitor Energy Demand in Real Time
- Get Insights from Historical Demand Profile to optimize Energy Distribution
- Geo-Analytics to obtain geography-aware Insights
- Can be used to understand Energy Demand for various utilities including Electricity, Water and Gas
- Connect your real-time Telemetry Systems to gain real-time Energy Demand Information
- Data input can be as granular as end-customer level details to understand market segmentation and plan campaigns accordingly
- Gain insights on consumer consumption pattern to optimize costs and plan Energy Generation/Abstraction in advance
To install and configure this app on your supported platform, follow these steps:
- Click Download on this page. The energyscan.tar.gz installer file downloads to your computer.
- Log into Splunk Web.
- Click Apps > Manage Apps.
- Click Install App from File.
- Upload the energyscan.tar.gz installer file.
- Restart Splunk.
Key concepts for ‘Energy Scan’
You can connect your telemetry system, logs and customer demographics to obtain insights. Below are the dashboards provided:
- Gain a high-level Information about the Energy Demand across the company.
- Gain insights on distribution of Energy requirements. for e.g. Heating, HVAC, Lighting, Cooling, etc
- Obtain insights on Energy Demand across various stations and geography
- Determine stations with maximum demand based on time factor
Company Energy Visualization:
- Energy Demand Insights through interactive Visualizations
- Visualize Energy Demand on Maps and compare Stations
- Monitor Energy Demands in real-time
- Understand current demand and peak demands
- Gain Insights on distribution and time factor
- Analyse Station Demand using Historical Data
- Understand Daily Energy Load Profile to gain insights on consumer consumption pattern
- Understand Monthly Peak Energy Requirements
- Understand Energy Profile based on various factors including Weekend/Weekdays/Seasons/Time Period
- Gain Insights on consumer consumption pattern based on these factors, which can help plan Energy Generation/Abstraction in advance
- Compare different Stations to understand changes in Demand Patterns
- Compare data of a single Station under different conditions
- Energy Load Profile Reports - Monthly and Hourly
Custom Search and Pivot:
- Use the power of Splunk to create your own insights
You can configure Alerts for any unual Load Demands
Configure ‘Energy Scan’
By default, Energy Scan; monitors the ‘input’ Folder for any Telemetry Data’ to import. Modify inputs.conf to change the folder. In order to add any more Folders,
1. Go to Settings > Data Inputs
2. Click on Files and Directories
3. You can add Directories to monitor where you can place your financial documents. Save it with SourceType = ‘PowerTMY3Data’
Example Use Case
A Power Utility company can load Demand Profile data within Energy Scan to monitor the load in real-time as well as obtain Profile analytics. Using the information, below advantages can be realized:
- Achieve Higher Operating Efficiency through better planning
- Improved outage management
- Voltage optimization
- Predictive asset management
- Detailed customer segmentation
- Possibility of Load Forecasting, Load Research and Planning