The Cisco Networks App includes dashboards, data models and logic for analyzing data from Cisco IOS, IOS XE, IOS XR and NX-OS devices using Splunk® Enterprise.
Please post a question on Splunk Answers and tag it with "Cisco Networks" if there is anything you would like to see in this app.
Supported Technologies: Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, IOS XR devices, WLC
Supported Splunk versions: 6.1+
The Cisco Networks app can be downloaded, installed, and configured to receive Cisco IOS and WLC data by either using the Splunk app setup screen or by manually installing and configuring the app.
This app reads from the sourcetype cisco:ios defined in TA-cisco_ios
1. Install in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/cisco_ios
2. Restart Splunk
3. See the Help page in the app
##### New features
Cisco Networks includes the following new features:
- App certification
##### Fixed issues
Version 2.3.4 of the Cicso Networks app fixes the following issues:
- A few facility lookups were broken in cisco_ios_messages.csv
- Diagnostic messages panel in overview page now displays vendor_message_text instead of message_text. This hides the actual raw event, but prevents actual duplicate events from the same host cluttering the dashboard
- Other CSV file fixes
##### Known issues
Version 2.3.4 of the Cisco Networks app has the following known issues:
- Unable to return raw events in Splunk Enterprise 6.3.0 using searches such as sourcetype=cisco:ios unless in Fast Mode. This is due to a bug in Splunk Enterprise 6.3.0 and the Vendor Message Lookup CSV file. Workarounds (choose one):
- Upgrade your servers to Splunk Enterprise 6.3.1 or higher
- Rename TA-cisco_ios/default/limits.conf.example as TA-cisco_ios/default/limits.conf your Search Head and Indexers
Splunk's App Certification program uses a specific set of criteria to evaluate the level of quality, usability and security your app offers to its users. In addition, we evaluate the documentation and support you offer to your app's users.
As a Splunkbase app developer, you will have access to all Splunk development resources and receive a 50GB license to build an app that will help solve use cases for customers all over the world. Splunkbase has 1000+ apps and add-ons from Splunk, our partners and our community. Find an app or add-on for most any data source and user need, or simply create your own with help from our developer portal.